Tuesday, May 29, 2012

More Lyme

I was feeling so good! Now I am a puddle again. I was declining since Thursday but really over-did it while camping. I spent much of yesterday in bed or sitting. I am back in all of my braces which is no fun in this heat. Today I had a Lyme Doctors appointment and was so exhausted it was hard to get out of the house! The doctor reviewed some recent tests and I came back positive for 3 viruses in addition to my 4 bacteria friends. Apparently they aren't active infections but can get pretty nasty if I become more immuno-compromised. I also have a weird bacteria on my tongue that is turning it yellow! Apparently, there is no treatment and it might turn black before it gets better. Yuck!

The head doctor came to meet with me and said my case was very complicated and suggested IV antibotics.I panicked and he said we can wait 6 weeks and see what happens. Since I had my "holiday" of symptoms he says that it is less urgent.

Basically, they are keeping me on the same medications but are going to try to boost my immune system. They are giving me some herbal stuff, some homeopathic treatments, and a bunch of probiotics. They are also putting me on a detox. I am a bit overwhelmed by it all but also hopeful it might work! They told me that they don't want me to herx (have my symptoms worsen) because I don't have any reserve strength. They want me to just fight it slowly and pull back on meds if I feel too sick.

I am not feeling scared and am really comforted by the notion that I am not dying and this is not permanent (yet). For now, I get to push through this new regiment. I may be in and our of commission for a few weeks but then, hopefully, I will make steady progress. If not, I have to go to IV antibotics and that terrified me!

In other news, Ella does have Lyme but she she has no symptoms they don't want to treat her. They want us to closely monitor her for any signs that it is active though.

No comments:

Post a Comment