Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I smell and my hair is frizzy

Haha! Well, the title is not completely true. I thought it was time for an update on my new natural cleansing techniques.

Oil Face Cleaning Method

This is going well. My skin does look better. I have not had any major breakouts. However, this method draws the blackheads out more and I notice them. When I notice them, I pick at them. When I pick at them, they get all gross! So, I need to leave my face alone. I think if I can do that, my skin will look great!

"Poo-free"

Eh. This is going okay. I haven't given this a completely fair shake because we spent a week in the pool and now the top of my head id braided so my hair is doing different things. My hair is cute with the front braided and curls nicely. It feels a but dry and oily. However, it looks like I have put mousse in it. This one needs some more time before I can decide one way or the other.

Coconut Oil Deodorant

This worke beautifully for 2 weeks! I smelled perfectly lovely. However, over the last few days I am stinky! I decided to mix some baking soda in with the coconut oil and so far so good. I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Hey darling!

    I'm doing no-poo and it's awesome. I used to have terrible dandruff and it's totally totally gone. I'm so delighted. If your hair is dry, you might be using too much baking soda. This is a great blog post I just found on no-poo, with some good troubleshooting tips.

    http://babyslime.livejournal.com/174054.html#why

    Also, I'm next trying washing my face with honey like Amber:

    http://www.strocel.com/sweeter-than-honey/

    I've been using coconut oil and baking soda combined as deodorant (or whatever) on weekends - I'm a bit stinky even like that at the end of the day, so I'm nervous about trying it on a work day when the repercussions of being stinky girl are higher... Anyway, every little bit helps I suppose!

    XO CJ

    ReplyDelete